Improving Oral and Overall Health
Dr. Shivali Gohel is a Board Certified periodontist who is passionate about helping her patients achieve optimal oral health. In doing so, she is able to improve their overall well-being, since periodontal disease is linked to heart disease and other serious health problems. Providing an attentive, personalized treatment approach, and always aware of each person’s unique concerns, Dr. Gohel caters to each patient's needs.
Dr. Gohel’s interest in dentistry started when she was nine years old and she fractured her two front teeth. When her teeth were restored, she was amazed at the difference in her life. Restoration of her teeth not only gave her back her smile, but also restored her self-confidence. She loves helping her patients regain their oral health and confidence in the same way.
Dr. Gohel is committed to providing the best possible periodontal care. She is ethical, compassionate, understanding, and loves to help others.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Arts in History of Art – University of Michigan
- Master’s in Biomedical Science – University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine
- Advanced Specialty Education in Periodontics and Implant Surgery – Loma Linda University
- Master of Science in Dentistry – Loma Linda University
Dr. Gohel is an Assistant Professor at Loma Linda University and teaches in the Graduate Periodontics clinic. She attends continuing education courses throughout the country. She focuses on dental implants, laser dentistry, and the latest surgical techniques and technologies. Dr. Gohel knows that staying current in a continuously changing field is the best way to provide her patients with the highest quality of care.
Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- International Team for Implantology
- California Dental Association
- California Society of Periodontists
- San Diego County Dental Society
- Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry
After growing up in Troy, Michigan, Dr. Gohel has lived in the Bay Park area of San Diego for several years. She’s happily married and is currently attempting to convince her husband to add a dog to their family.
When she’s not working, Dr. Gohel loves traveling and exploring the different neighborhoods and restaurants in San Diego. She also likes keeping fit by doing yoga, hiking and running. Dr. Gohel loves Indian dancing, an activity she’s pursued since she was seven. She competed regionally and nationally through college. She even taught a Bollywood fitness class while in residency!